C/ Manuel de Falla, 6-8. 28036 - Madrid (España) Tel. +(34) 914 585 804 - Fax +(34) 914 571 756
ProcreaTec offers Acupuncture that is especially oriented to fertility treatments.
This millenary technique involves stimulating certain points of the body (acupoints) with fine needles to regulate energy, re-establish body balance and eliminate physical problems. Originally from China, these practices are beneficial to health and they can help in fertility treatments, a field where acupuncture has gained great relevance.
It can be even be used as effective alternative in alleviating pain during egg retrieval in those patients who do not want to undergo sedation.
How can acupuncture help me?
The use of these techniques can help both men and women during assisted reproduction treatments by:
- Creating favourable energy in the ovary
- Reducing adverse effects to meds, such as irritability or headaches;
- Increasing a favourable atmosphere in the endometrium, thus helping the rate of successful implantation of the embryo;
- Reducing stress and anxiety in patients.
How can it improve the quality of eggs and spermatozoa?
When an acupuncture point is stimulated, the body increases blood and energy flow to that zone. This is especially beneficial to the uterus and the ovaries. In the same way, it has been reported that the quality and thickness of the uterus lining improves, favouring the implantation of the embryo. The treatment can also improve the number, motility and quality of spermatozoa.
Does it decrease stress?
Using acupuncture leads to a state of emotional tranquillity in patients, mitigating the negative effects of stress and anxiety, which often accompany fertility treatments. Thus, better results are obtained.
How long does the treatment last?
Before beginning an acupuncture treatment, a study of the future parents is carried out in order organize the sessions. At this first appointment, objectives are identified and the number of sessions recommended to favour pregnancy is established.
Is it painful?
The needles used are so fine that they are scarcely noticeable when they penetrate. Insertion is almost totally painless. When the needle reaches the therapeutic point, a small tickling sensation is often felt.
Acupuncture is a safe treatment and neither affects nor alters the course of other pharmacological treatments. However, the following recommendations should be followed:
- It should not be undergone on an empty stomach, when fasting, or when the patient feels weak.
- It is not recommended for patients suffering from epilepsy, anticoagulant disorders or people with a pacemaker.
- It is not recommended for patients allergic to the material used in the needles (surgical steel).