Because donors are young and healthy, fertility treatments that use donated gametes ensure the maximum quality of the sperm and/or eggs.
In Spain, the gamete donation process is highly regulated, with stipulated strict criteria that donors need to meet in order to donate their gametes. Additionally, this process is always anonymous and altruistic.
Who requires an egg donation treatment?
Some of the causes requiring patients to undergo a treatment with donated gametes are:
- Women with a depleted ovarian reserve (which can be caused by premature ovarian failure, endometriosis, surgery or other aggressive treatments), or women with poor oocyte quality (usually due to advanced maternal age), which prevents obtaining embryos with sufficient quality to achieve a pregnancy.
- Women with genetic problems, which they do not want their offspring to inherit.
We would love to hear about your case. Get in touch with us
Stages of egg donation
To coordinate the cycles of the donor and the recipient, both women usually take the pill. If the recipient still has periods, we will have to render her ovaries quiescent so her hormones do not interfere with the treatment.
We will prepare the recipient’s endometrium with estrogen (oral or with patches) and two or three ultrasound scans will be performed during the preparation period to confirm if the thickness and the structure are adequate.
When the donor is ready, we schedule the egg retrieval. The same day, the recipient’s partner gives the sperm sample.
After the fertilization, the biologists observe the development of the embryos in the lab day after day and they report the progress to the patients every day. The biologist’s job is to select the best embryo/embryos to transfer based on their aspect, number of cells and development times.
La transferencia de los embriones al útero se realiza entre dos y cinco días después de la punción en función del desarrollo embrionario. El número de embriones transferidos (de uno a tres) se decidirá en función de la calidad embrionaria y de las características de cada pareja. Esta decisión se toma siempre en consenso con los biólogos, los médicos y los pacientes. La transferencia se hace vía vaginal, sin sedación, y permite depositar el embrión en el fondo del útero, para su futura implantación. La paciente hará la prueba de embarazo unos 15 días después de la transferencia.
The patient will take a pregnancy test around 15 days after the embryo transfer.
Egg Donation at IVF-Spain Madrid
Thanks to the continuous investment in the latest technology, every stage of the treatment is performed at the clinic, which reduces the waiting times and increases the chances of pregnancy.
- Donor preparation
- Ovarian stimulation monitoring: coordination and medical follow-up
- Lab Work
- Intracytoplasmatic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Embryo transfer
At IVF-Spain Madrid our goal is that our patients have a healthy baby at home in the shortest time. For this purpose we guarantee:
– Our personalized attention that includes follow-up by one of our doctors and a person from the patient care team who will accompany – you from the beginning to the end of treatment.
– Depending on the treatment plan, you can achieve better results in combination with advanced techniques.
– Our pregnancy rates are above the Spanish average and are certified by the Spanish Fertility Society. SEF
– We are committed to apply the most advanced assisted reproduction techniques, suitable for each case.
We have ISO 9001:2015 and UNE 179007:2013 quality certificates.
How can I increase my possibilities of falling pregnant?