At ProcreaTec we have a specialized unit to complement fertility treatments. It consists of support therapy to improve the patient’s outlook during the treatment and also to contribute to her relaxation before and after the embryo transfer.
Through this millenary technique, ultrathin needles are used to reach concrete points of the body to regulate energy, establish body equilibrium and eliminate physical blocks.
How can Acupuncture help me?
The use of these techniques can help both men and women during assisted reproduction treatments:
- It can improve the ovarian response through the improvement of the patient’s predisposition.
- It reduces adverse effects to medication, such as irritability or headaches.
- Acupuncture can increase the blood flow to the uterus and favor the increase of the endometrial thickness, which plays a fundamental role in embryo implantation.
- Reduces stress and anxiety in patients helping them cope with the different steps of the treatment with better wellbeing
Acupuncture is a safe treatment and neither affects nor alters the course of other pharmacological treatments. However, the following recommendations should be followed:
- It should not be undergone on an empty stomach, while fasting, or when the patient feels weak.
- It is not recommended for patients suffering from epilepsy, anticoagulant disorders or people with a pacemaker.
- Patients who are allergic to the material used in the needles (surgical steel) should not undergo this treatment.